Statement of Faith
Calvary Academy is a ministry of Calvary Lighthouse and falls under the spiritual leadership of the Church. Though a ministry of Calvary Lighthouse, it is our mission to minister to the entire body of Christ and those who may desire a Christian education for their children. Our prayer is that all our students come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ and become His disciples. Families of many denominations and varied backgrounds have chosen Calvary Academy to assist them in the education and discipleship of their children. Our Statement of Faith, which is evangelical in nature, is as follows:
- WE BELIEVE...The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; I Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- WE BELIEVE...There is only One True God–revealed in three persons...Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity). (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22)
- WE BELIEVE...In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God's son Jesus was both human and divine. The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare:
a. His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:31, 35).
b. His sinless life (Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22).
c. His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38).
d. His substitutionary work on the cross (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21).
e. His bodily resurrection from the dead (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:39; 1 Corinthians 15:4).
f. His exaltation to the right hand of God (Acts 1:9, 11; 2:33; Philippians 2:9-11; Hebrews 1:3).
- WE BELIEVE...though originally good, Man and Woman Willingly Fell into Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world. (Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19).
- WE BELIEVE...Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through 'Salvation' (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace apart from works, affected by faith alone.(Luke 24:47; John 3:3; Romans 10:13-15; Ephesians 2:8; Titus 2:11; 3:5-7; Ephesians 4:24; Titus 2:12).
- WE BELIEVE...and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one's sins and receiving Christ's gift of salvation, (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47, 48; Romans 6:4). And (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation. (2 Peter 1:4; 1 Corinthians 11:26)
- WE BELIEVE...the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. And that Christians experience this in various ways as referenced in Scripture. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31; Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 11:14-16; 15:7-9; John 7:37-39; Acts 4:8)
- WE BELIEVE...Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ like. (Romans 12:1,2; 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 12:14, 13:12; 1 Peter 1:15,16)
- WE BELIEVE… The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her Great Commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven.
Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and to save that which is lost, to be worshiped by man, to build a body of believers in the image of His Son, and to demonstrate His love and compassion for all the world. (Ephesians 1:22,23; 2:22; Hebrews 12:23)
- WE BELIEVE...A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to meet human need with ministries of love and compassion. (Psalms 112:9; Galatians 2:10; 6:10; James 1:27)
- WE BELIEVE...Divine Healing of the Sick is provided for in Christ's atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). (Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:16,17; James 5:14-16)
- WE BELIEVE...in The Blessed Hope (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Corinthians 15:51,52)
- WE BELIEVE...in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. (Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27,30; Revelation 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6)
- WE BELIEVE...A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:8)
- WE BELIEVE...And look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!' (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21,22)
- WE BELIEVE...that the term marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18–25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2–5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from marriage between a man and a woman.
- WE BELIEVE...God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either male or female in conformity with their biological sex. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26–27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- WE BELIEVE...We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28–31; Luke 6:31). Harassing and hateful behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
- WE BELIEVE...We believe that any form of impurity, lust, evil desires, and sexual immorality (including but not limited to, adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Collossians 3:5; Matthew 15:18–20; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10).
- WE BELIEVE...We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and repent of their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19–21; Romans 10:9–10; 1 Corinthians 6:9–11).
Our Statement of Faith is not exhaustive of all of our beliefs. The Bible, as the inspired and infallible Word of God, speaks with absolute authority regarding the proper conduct of mankind and is the unchanging foundation for all belief and behavior.